Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 1

I have not mastered the art of blogging yet...and I don't always get my thoughts organized in a easily readable manner...so bear with me.

To sum it up, I have joined Weight Watchers Online. I have been struggling with staying on program, so I thought it might help to start a blog that I will post daily, describing my struggles and successes that I encounter each day. There are so many obvious as well as personal reasons why I NEED, HAVE, and WANT to succeed...I will share those eventually. Until then, I welcome any and all comments/feedback/support.


Day 1-Monday, Aug. 3

Sometimes I wish that I didn’t have to go to bed. LOL…what I mean is that before I go to bed I make a list of the tasks I am going to accomplish the next day. These tasks are usually pretty optimistic and developed while I am feeling very motivated. Like last night, for example. I made a short list of things that you’d think I would have no problem doing. I was determined and sure that I would get them done today. I was going to get up at 6:30 am, a half hour before Mason usually wakes up, and do my workout video. I was going to finish organizing my bedroom and put laundry away. Of course when my alarm goes off at 6:30 I am dead to the world and want nothing more but to sleep until Mason wakes up. Well, that I did…but I have decided to take a bike ride after Brian gets home from work. Rain or shine…or at least that’s the plan. Those other things on my list…not done yet either. But I still have a few hours…so I’ll worry about it later.

Food-wise I have done alright. Toast with peanut butter for breakfast, yogurt and a Fiber One bar for a snack, homemade black bean soup and a Lean Cuisine chicken pizza. I’m still hungry after all this; and it’s only a little past noon. I had a banana…then I had 2 servings of mini-chips ahoy cookies. Sigh. I can still count it, but that only leaves me 4 points to play with after my chili for dinner. I need to get creative…and have a massive plate of green veggies along side my chili. But I can do it. I HAVE to do it. Day 1 is always the hardest.

The little one is taking a nap…I am going to do the same. I’ll cross more things off my list later.

1 comment:

Marcelle said...

Getting started on a fitness plan with having to look after a tiny person, studying etc is hard...
Be gentle with yourself...do what is important first...remember to look after yourself as your family needs the healthiest you in their lives.