Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One Day at a Time

This is my engagement photo. Pretty good looking couple, if I do say so myself! This was taken in October of 2003. Almost 6 years ago. Lots of things have changed since then. Including my weight. ESPECIALLY my weight. I have gained about 75 pounds since this photo was taken.














This photo was taken on New Years Eve 2008. Just a few weeks ago. Still a good looking couple. But I cringe at the shape my face and the rest of my body has taken. I have tried dozens of times to lose weight, start Weight Watchers, and exercise. Something always happens where I get off track. I am going to work harder this time around. I am going to take baby steps. I have set larger goals before, but they seem intimidating and I think that's why I give up eventually. I am going to start setting small goals that I can reach and then work up to larger goals.


I am on day 2. My goal this week is to count every single point, every day. Except of course for my cheat day :) I need to exercise as well, and I will try very hard to do so, but I am not going to agonize over it yet. So far so good. I haven't waivered. I haven't cheated. I haven't given in and had that burger I wanted the other day.

I will lose weight this time. I'm just taking it one day at a time.


































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments: