Friday, September 24, 2010

Almost, But Not Quite

Ready to start the day off right this morning, I had a Fiber One Bar to hold me off until I got to work. We have bagels at work, and I really wanted one! 7 Points for a whole bagel with cream cheese is TOTALLY worth it to me. And instead of stopping off to spend $3-5 on a coffee from Biggby Coffee or McDonald's, I have been experimenting with flavored coffee creamers. I don't like the fat free ones, so I've been using the full fat ones. I don't think the online point calculator figured the points out right, so I think I've been going over my points with the creamer. This means I need to learn how to like the fat free creamers because I use 3-4 Tablespoons of the stuff in my coffee. It can't taste like coffee, you know!

Anyway, I had Healthy Request Chicken Sausage Gumbo Soup for lunch, along with 2 more cups of coffee and 2 glasses of water. I may have over-done it with the coffee, but I definitely got my daily water in by 3 pm. For dinner I had planned to make pizza using the pre-made whole wheat crust, mozzarella cheese, lean ham, and pineapple. I opened the crust, and it was moldy. Crap. Sooo I had leftovers. Beef and noodles I made the other day. THE best roast I have ever made in my life, homemade gravy, and noodles. OMG. Yum! I measured out a small portion, counted the points as best as I could, and even had 8 points left for the night. I planned to pick up a treat for later.

And I did...I got Nutella. Bad idea. I could eat the stuff out of the jar with a spoon. ALL of it. I had a Nutella sammy on whole wheat bread. Ok, so not that bad. 4 points for the Nutella, 3 points for the bread. So I didn't do too bad today....but not being more precise with the points for creamer is still bothering me. I think I need to lay off the coffee, and get out my points slider and figure it out myself for next time. :)

Tomorrow will be even better yet. If I don't show a loss on Sunday, I will be ok with that. Afterall, I didn't do as good as I know I can.

1 comment:

Debby said...

Sounds like a heck of a good start to me!

Creamer will kill you. I liked coffee mate, but it has hydrogenated oil in it so I went to powdered milk. Got used to that until I went on a cruise and had cream for a week! Now I use fat free 1/2 and 1/2. I like it. It's not flavored though. 6T of that is 1 point. I have 3 cups with 2T in each. I checked the website for International Delights creamers. Wow some of them have 45 calories and 2 grams of fat per T! That would be 1 point a T....I'd use all my points in cream! lol

You can do this. You really can. So can Brian. You don't want to be 50 and have everything hurt. Knees, hips, etc. You want to be able to play with your grandkids. Get down on your knees, toss them in the air. It will be the hardest thing you've ever done in your life. Worth the effort though.